4.11.11

Frost in the frost. (The Heart/Star Theory)

It's time for some bling. The irony of how accessories warm a woman's heart is indescribable.

The joy of buying earrings, necklaces and bracelets starts since you are a baby. Come on, shiny objects fascinate young children, and most girls LOVE making their own accessories with sparkly materials and glitter. (Ke$ha would be proud).





Ok, so first piece of the day is a ring that will make you drool. The colours are trendy as fudge. I like it because it is big, but not ridiculously huge. Rings should be accessories, not pets, or extra fingers.


Kenneth Jane Swarovski ring


Pink glitz. It's like marshmallows! Beautiful earrings can change the whole shape of your face. These ones are perfect for a night out or for a day at the office. Always glamorous.
River Island pink encrusted earrings


Have I ever told you about my 'Heart/Star' theory? It's like people who like cats or people who prefer dogs. According to my extensive experience attending girls' schools I can assure you that those girls who draw and love hearts, don't like stars. Girls who like stars definitely don't like hearts. It's not that they hate them, they just prefer either one or the other.. I swear!
River Island blue diamante star stud earrings


These are just soo Katy Perry meets the Petshop Boys! Oh damn, so many things are going through my head right now; 80s music, bubblegum smell,  Pop Art..


Erickson Beamon neon lucite crystal earrings


If Peter Pan was a girl, she would wear this!
Venessa Arizaga heroes and villains charm necklace


As you can probably tell I am a hearts girl. I draw them all the time. Stars are too complicated...


River Island pink face heart necklace


The good thing about accessories like jewellery is that it is difficult for them to go out of trend. Allegedly, a friend of mine says that 'due to how personal it is to choose jewellery and with the vast variety that can be found,  it is possible to find options for different tastes. Therefore, people make jewellery their own.'
She's not wrong, think about it... The most common objects that pass from generation to generation are mainly rings, earrings, brooches, etc.


Joy Geometric necklace

Joy owl ring


This is to remind me that Xmas is not that awful. Yes I am one of those Xmas haters.. well, let's just say I don't see the point. However, gingerbread man is funny :P


Joy Ginger bread man necklace


My pulse is terrible. I shake, i shake like a blender. I can't draw :(
I like hand painted stuff because it reminds me of how others are much more talented than I am at so many things. Ok, I don't know if this bangle is hand painted but it looks like it...
Oliver Bonas kingfisher bangle


 
Well, that was a loooot of bangles and blings and bubblegum smells... Awesome!


Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment