4.5.11

Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre

My best friend is coming to town again. This time we are celebrating her birthday; and knowing how much she loves to read (she reads A LOT, trust me) I decided to take her somewhere she would really enjoy herself. None of those nights of Margaritas binging anymore!! This time we are going Cultural.. Cooltural.. hmm. Geek.

I was browsing for hours trying to find ANYTHING  she would enjoy. From food festivals and fairs, to concerts and burlesque shows. Ok, the Burlesque was my last resort!
I came across with the Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre. Wow. This was really my Golden Ticket.
Their website could be a bit nicer, but it is quite informative.
The museum, which will be running until 2012 has been quite the sensation. It has galleries packed with fun, free crafts activities for everybody, an interactive story centre and of course if you are a kid you get a souvenir. The amazing 'Story Ideas Book' just like the one where Roald Dahl placed his ideas.

I wonder if because it's my friend's birthday she manages to get an Idea Book? Hm. I'll try.

Also, every weekend has a different workshop. This Saturday 7th of May it's 'Discover Dahl's Archives'. I can't wait.

Go to the website to find more information or how to book tickets.

Kudos Roald Dahl.!




No comments:

Post a Comment