6.10.11

Toffee Apple Cupcakes

Every year I get excited about Halloween and the day of the Dead, but I never put enough effort.

This year, I am preparing in advance, with all my recipes for treats, and my list of events ready on my desk to be blogged about. The first treat on the list is Toffee Apple Cupcakes. I got this recipe from 'Eat Me' by Cookie Girl. It is really really simple, and if you're struggling then you're just not made to bake. Officially, these little cupcakes are perfect for any Halloween event you're attending.

Ingredients:

25 toffee pieces
6oz apple. Peeled, cored and chopped
1tsp baking powder
4oz self raising flour
2 large eggs
4oz demerara sugar
4oz unsalted butter, room temp.
7-10tbsp of milk
12 lolly sticks


Preparation:

Preheat oven to 180c/350F/Gas4

Line a 12 hole non-stick muffin tray with paper muffin cases.

Cream butter and sugar together. Stir in the eggs followed by the chopped apple. I like to chop my apple very very fine, but it's up to you. Sift in the flour and baking powder.
Once the mix has been stirred, divide the mix between the paper cases and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 min or until the tops feel springy to the top. This means, once it feels fluffy.
Remove cupcakes and leave to cool in a wire rack.

To make coating place toffee in a pan with several spoons of milk. Stir until it's creamy and smooth. Add more milk if needed. Stir in low heat. Take your time.
Pour on top of your cupcakes and add a lolly stick. Yum!




Kudos toffee, you never disappoint! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment