14.8.11

The Shape of Things To Come: New Sculpture

The Saatchi Gallery is hosting an exhibition about New Sculpture.
Because I believe art is relative, I will tell you what it is about and then you can go and see it for yourselves, because it is very very cool.

The Shape of Things to Come features artists from all around the world. The exhibition has been running since May and it is finished on the 16th of October, so buy a ticket and go, because it is worth it.

My favourite artist is David Batchelor, who creates sculptures with very unusual elements. He calls them 'Material Leftovers' and it is just objects he finds on the streets of London. When I read that I found it extremely original, at least someone is recycling and it actually looks cool. Not that I'm against it, but recycled stuff always looks and smells funky..

He is not the only one showcasing work, but definitely he is the most colourful one!

Material leftovers?

Incredible mixtures of objects and colours

The exhibition catalogue, for sale at the Saatchi store, 10 pounds.
Kudos Saatchi Gallery! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment