26.7.11

V&A Museum of Childhood.

My weekend was not exactly the most fun. It was sad, depressing and frankly, quite boring. It took me a couple of days to recover, and the Museum of Childhood was the perfect cure.. Mary Poppins would be proud.

The museum is located in Bethnal Green, and the building itself is Beautiful. As soon as you walk in, there is an air of magic and surprises. All this bragging about it comes from the conclusion that it is by far one of the best museums I have ever come across. Yes it is not a Guggenheim, or a Louvre, but kids love it.
You can play with lights, take workshops, dress up and even ride a horse.. Yes, adults can do it too, I did it, so what? I don't regret it!

The museum features a vast collection of toys and children's artifacts, including Doll Houses, soldier moldings and castings, cameras, and toys made out of recycled materials such as lollipop sticks and soda cans. Each toy comes with a small description of how it was made, or where it came from. To attract children, the museum uses a 'Children's Trail' throughout the museum, where they can find clues, have fun, and learn at the same time.

If you have any little ones, or if you simply feel like being a bit Peter Pan, then head straight there, I promise you won't regret it. Have a look at all the different toys I photographed and I guarantee that at least you had one of them!

Ps. The souvenir shop is INCREDIBLE. Perfect for random presents.

Kudos museum of Childhood! xx














Picture Credits: Andrea Huerta

No comments:

Post a Comment