27.7.11

High Tea of Highgate

Tea, tea, tea.. I am a coffee person myself, but I do enjoy popping to tea houses every now and then to see what's up. Tea Houses are always beautiful, they always smell nice and there is NEVER the possibility of leaving empty handed. If you don't end up buying some random tea, you leave with scones, pastries or an apron..
Last week I had the honour of coming across the 'High Tea of Highgate', a beautiful tea place located well, in Highgate.
The atmosphere of the place is very relaxed and retro. While 50's music is playing in the background, you can sit down and start with the tea choosing. Their selection is extremely varied, from English teas to Green, White, Red, etc. My personal favourite was the Vanilla Rooibos tea accompanied with the Chocolate Sponge Cake. Yum!

The shop also sells all kinds of lovely items like birthday cards, aprons (see? they all sell them), wrapping paper and even blankets for the cold months ahead..


The most iconic thing about the shop is the beautiful chandelier made of cups.. Loved it!

Kudos High Tea of Highgate. You make me proud..Xx





No comments:

Post a Comment