9.7.11

Little Angel Theatre, a piece of Heaven..

I remember my field trips from school were always really boring. Museums, exhibitions, blablablah I hated it. I hated having to go out 'to learn'. So, the other day I had an epiphany, when I was walking my dog and saw all these 4 year olds coming out of a little house next to my local park. I thought OMG, they are on a FIELD TRIP!!! but where? what is this house and how come I had never noticed it before?

Well, the little house turns out to be The Little Angel Theatre, a place were dreams, puppets and children come together. This place is considered a hidden gem in Angel, technically because it is very well hidden on a little passage that only a few locals know about.
The theatre started functioning in 1961, and its main purpose is to entertain and make people of all ages happy. Their current show is called 'The Magicians Daughter' and although it is recommended for ages 3 to 6, I will go and watch it.

I found out that they are also having a summer party on Saturday 9th July. Everybody is invited and there will be tons of fun activities for bothkids and grown ups. First a parade of puppets, followed by tours of the theatre and tons of workshops. The entry is FREE and everybody is welcome to come!

Some of the theatre's future opening shows include the ever so popular Pinocchio, Aladdin and Gingerbread Man.


If you are an adult and think that puppets are silly, try again because the Theatre knows how to cater for everybody. There is Adult Evening Puppetry Courses, where people learn from scratch the art of being a puppeteer.

Entry on Friday is 5 pounds for kids and adults.
So, what are you waiting for? Take someone for a night at the Little Angel Theatre and I guarantee it will be a very fun night!

Kudos Little Angel Theatre!
xx

Aladdin at the Little Angel Theatre

No comments:

Post a Comment