21.4.11

La France

Going to France is always great. Although the weather in the French Riviera wasn't Ideal, to me it was perfect.
France always has this air of relaxation, where even the toughest end up sitting outside a Bistro facing the sea and having a chat with some wine and ciggies.

I must admit there was not much going on. The film festival is not starting until May, so the promenade was quiet and peaceful. It was quite the change. After three years of going to Cannes during summer rush, this time was a lot more... personal.

I decided to take some pictures of the most memorable things of my trip, so here it goes.



My first stop was VICTORIA CASAL COUTURE, where on previous years I have purchased the most extraordinary Hello Kitty items, such as a really cool bling bling necklace. It is not real diamonds, but who cares?
This time, there was only children's clothes and accessories. Can't deny it was beautiful, but there was nothing there for me, so I had to find something else to make me feel better.
Maybe in the summer they will re-stock and new items will arrive!




These are my nephew's Converse. I found them in a small shop in Juan Les Pins and I just had to buy them. Not only were they much cheaper than in London (considering it's the French Riviera) but also they have Velcro on the back of the shoe, making it easier for mothers and my sister to put these little ones on.
They also had a selection of normal colours such as navy, green, white, etc. I chose these because they are just cool enough to be worn by a newborn. Yeii! Kudos to Converse and their velcro trainers!


Because I need chocolate to survive, here is the best that French chocolate has to offer. I know, it's not like super fancy, but you can't ever go wrong with Mikado. Mikado's are addictive, and once you eat one you just can't stop. So, you can imagine my excitement when I saw these:
MIKADO DAIM!!!!
Thank you France! you rock!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment