13.11.12

West End Lane Books. Magic.

Magic. That's what happened to me when I walked inside West End Lane Books.
It's been a long time since I have seen/been in a decent bookshop, in fact it's hard to find any bookshops at all.. and that makes me angry.

This place is like discovering a new world. Life's problems disappear, and suddenly you are free. Surrounded by books, floating in literature..

The shop has been located on West End Lane (duh), in the beautiful and ever-so-charming West Hampstead since 1994. Their vast collection of imported titles and children's books makes West End Lane Books my favourite book shop in London.
Their poetry section is definitely worth a visit, and like most independent shops they ENJOY engaging with their customers. I hate those big book shops where it seems as if you are in a book mall rather than a shop. I hate the feeling of having to walk three sets of stairs just to find a book, and I hate that in those places you never know who works there! It's like being alone in the Sahara of books.. argh!

Everybody at WEL Books is incredibly friendly, I mean they are a lovely bunch who also happen to know what they are talking about. Their suggestions are always so good!
Be sure to visit their website and twitter @WELBooks  to find more information about their Story Time on Mondays and Thursdays, and their Book Group!








Let's support independent shops in London! These are the places that bring charm and beauty to our city peeps!

Xx


D.

No comments:

Post a Comment