24.9.12

Red Dog Saloon. My Hot Wing Challenge

Hoxton is home to the Red Dog Saloon, a place where the service is not that great, but we all go because it's in a trendy area and what not.
What makes this place stand out, apart from selling pulled pork and overpriced drinks is their hot wing challenge. Don't get me wrong, the food is good and the place is nice, but when living in London one tends to settle and 'accept' that as long as a place is in a good location and serves food, we will go and we will eat it. No matter what

Anyway, about the challenge..

6 wings covered with a ridiculously hot sauce made from Naga Viper chillies.
10 minutes to eat them, and then 5 extra minutes to sit there and suffer. No water, nothing. Just a glass of milk once you are done.

My time? 1 min 26 sec. I didn't make it to the board, but at least I got the t-shirt! By the way, the first place belongs to someone who completed the challenge in 37 seconds! My guess? He cheated.. hahaha
As a Mexican, unless you have the chewing skills of a white shark, I don't know if 30 seconds are realistic. Anyway, good for him!

Go, try it out. Challenge your friends and challenge yourself!









xx

D

No comments:

Post a Comment