12.12.11

Retronaut

It makes me quite sad when people store all their photos in a memory card. What happened to old-school photo albums? Although I feel sometimes it is incredible what we can achieve through technology, I do miss smelling an old book, or looking at retro pictures of my parents and their bad hair..

My latest discovery is by far one of the greatest of the year. I can proudly say, I will start 2012 with a smile, because now I have Retronaut.
Created by Chris Wilde, a man from Oxfordshire, England. His creation is a massive database of photographs. Anything from replicas, art, celebs, it's there.
I like to think of Retronaut as 'Online's purest form of vintage.'
The website is so well constructed it has a timeline, so you can look for pictures from a specific decade of pretty much, anywhere between 1500s until now.

You don't believe me? Have a look...


Air Hostess through the years

Last meal for inmates gallery

Cartoon Skeletons

As you can see, anything and everything is available. If you're looking to pass the time, stop feeding your sheep on facebook and learn a bit about history, or anything for that matter!

Kudos Retronaut!

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment