5.12.11

Board Gaming.

Lately, it seems as if we are all too busy with technology to spend actual time with each other. Evidence? Hm, I do it all the time. I sit with my laptop in the living room, and so does my flatmate. The third one arrives only to sit in the sofa and use his phone to check the latest 'updates'. I can't take it anymore. That's why this Xmas I am arriving to my mum's house with an arsenal of board games. People are obliged to spend time with me, and if I get sick of it towards the end, I can say I tried.

Here's what I'll bring.



Monopoly is always a must. Everybody likes it, and although it gets quite annoying towards the end, it's always fun. Let's face it, there is always that one who takes over everything and buys all the hotels and restaurants possible. That's the annoying part, to sit there and watch defeat coming slowly...

Monopoly Seinfeld Limited Edition


Next on the list is Apples to Apples. This is a game of comparisons. With over 1,000 cards comparing places, people, things and events it is a guaranteed evening of fun in a box.


Apples to Apples


 My personal favourite is the Logo Board Game. It reminds me of the good old days when I played this with a friend, and he just didn't have a clue... What a loser! Who doesn't know Logos nowadays? This game is not only fun, but I believe it gives people the opportunity to talk. Brands are a great way of starting a conversation!
Challenge your relatives this Xmas, play in teams, or just partner up and see what surprises you find along the way.


 
The Logo Board Game

Here's something for the technology-addicted minds of today. I present you with the 'Real' version of Angry Birds. The popular app has been transformed into material blocks of TNT yei! Build different structures, catapult your birds and play! This beats the digital version, come on!


Angry Birds on Thin Ice





Raise your hand if you love Tetris! The classic game is back, just in a different format.
Tetris Link


 Spending time together is not that bad. Improve the fun by having a few drinks with the family!
Let's play!

Xxxxx...

No comments:

Post a Comment