4.10.10

Gaga time travels.

Nothing is really what it seems.  Lady Gaga, who has clearly become one of the most iconic characters of our culture has surprised me once again. Since the beginning she has always been one step ahead. Her skimpy outfits, combined with her catchy tunes and the collective histeria she creates are what make her 'unique'. 
I am a big Lady Gaga fan, I think she is just brave, she is always attempting some new and weird things that most of us would never even dream of doing, and she has proven that she is here to stay.

The shocking moment of my day, was discovering that 'Telephone', the famous song she performs alongside Beyonce is a cover from a Beatles song with the same title. As soon as I heard the Beatles version, never ending images of Gaga came to my mind, and everything started making sense.
After today, I don't think she is a trend setter. I do believe however that she is creative enough to recycle old songs and styles, combining them with 21st century popular culture. This is what I call genius. 
I wish there were more people out there who were doing new things, but unfortunately the closest we can get to originality is Lady Gaga. She is pretty amazing, and I can't blame her for seeking inspiration in other decades and music styles, after all nowadays it's all been done and it is difficult to find originality in a society saturated with copy cats.
Anyways, here is the Beatles version. Listen to it and judge by yourselves.
Xx Dylan.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo3Fi_x4DYE

No comments:

Post a Comment